Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Life Interrupted

LIFE INTERRUPTED

I know these dates by heart:
2010
2011
2013
2014
2015
2016
2018
2019
2020
2021

These are all the times I've been a victim or witness to violence.

My stories even reflect this harsh reality. You can see a huge SLASH where the story just stops and nothing is written ever again.

I have over 50 unfinished stories. They've all stopped when something bad happened to me.

I've been homeless.
I've been harassed by cops.
I've witnessed kidnapping, rape and sex-trafficking.
I was almost kidnapped, raped and possibly murdered.

I fear for the victims now; they might be dead.

I received horrible news about another victim who was sex-trafficked. Police never helped them or the family.

They are dead now.

I try to write about these horrible things.
I can't.

Everytime I try, something stops me--life gets in the way and I have to run away again, so that I can survive another day.

Survive for what?
I'm not even sure anymore.

Too much has happened to me.
My life has been interrupted so many times. Too many re-starts and I never get to finish anything.

I've never finished my degrees.
I've never finished my jobs.
I've had over 12 different employers in 5 years.

Even my rental history has jumped around so much, landlords don't want to rent to me.
My credit is lower than it should be because of this.

How can a woman live when she's constantly interrupted by crime?